[Nut-upsuser] cannot get APC ups status change via usb cable from RaspberryPi

Tomas Tang myhnet at gmail.com
Tue May 31 05:11:24 UTC 2016

Hi All,

                 I get very strange UPS problem from RspberryPI mode B
(both version 2 and 3).

                 Here is our environment:

                 OS: Raspbian 8.0, Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 14.04

                 Platform:             RaspberryPi Mode B version 2 and
version 3

                 NUT:                      tested version 2.6.3, 2.7.1
and 2.7.2 (from ports.ubuntu.com)

                 UPS:                       APC Smart-UPS 3000 RM and
APC Smart-UPS 1500 RM

                 Cable:                    USB

                 Problem detail:

                 NUT can read all the information after installed, but
once you unplug the input power, the status didn’t get changed and there
is no log related to NUT from syslog.

                 Anyone can give me some advice? Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Tomas