[Nut-upsuser] Can't get NUT slave to connect to master

Jonah Naylor jonah at hostingyorkshire.uk
Thu Nov 24 15:58:17 UTC 2016

Hi thanks for the reply.

The servers can ping each other...

The router log doesn't show anything and I am the admin for the servers.
The machines firewalls allow each other's ips etc.

Part of the issue is possibly that I just don't know if I've set up NUT
correctly for this arrangement? Like I say it works ok on LAN, but not
across networks.

Is there something I should be doing other than adding "allowfrom =
ipaddressofslave" to the upsd.users file on the master?

I have this also in there:

[monuser]
                password  = pass
                upsmon slave
                allowfrom = ipaddressofslave

-

Then on the slave client I have this in the upsmon.conf:

MONITOR UPS at ipaddressofmaster 1 monuser pass slave

Thanks again for any help.