[Nut-upsuser] Can't get NUT slave to connect to master

Jonah Naylor jonahnaylor at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:48:27 UTC 2016

Hi thanks for all the help with this.

I may have now resolved this and got things working...

All I've ended up doing is making the slave the master and the master the
slave! They now connect!

What is strange though is that one machine is Ubuntu and one is Debian -
with Debian as the Master things work no problem, without needing anything
in hosts.allow at all. And Ubuntu is quite happy as the slave and shows the
connection etc.

The other way round as you know from my previous posts and Debian as the
slave just won't connect to the Ubuntu box...

So this may just be an Ubuntu issue with 14.04LTS.

But I'm happy as it doesn't matter to me which is master or slave, so this
will be fine without us having to get to the bottom of the problem.

The only other thing I wanted to check with everyone is just that all the
slaves will powerdown when the battery is low by default. Do I need to set
up any settings, or if there are no lines in a config file will this just
happen and the defaults are fr this to happen anyway?

Thanks once again for all the help and suggestions.

Much appreciated.