[Nut-upsuser] trouble building nut for HID-USB

Scott.B.Dorsey at nasa.gov Scott.B.Dorsey at nasa.gov
Mon Oct 10 12:53:50 UTC 2016

I have a user running centos 6.8 with a brand new Tripplite HID (protocol 4016)
UPS.  So I installed nut 6.5 from EPEL and it sometimes worked, and it
sometimes didn't, and it seemed to be very inconsistent about loading the
device driver.

So, looking around and after spending some time looking at things that had
nothing to do with the real problem, I instead wiped the full install,
downloaded http://www.networkupstools.org/source/2.7/nut-2.7.4.tar.gz
and built it from source.

The problem is, even if I do a ./configure --with-usb=yes I don't get any
usb drivers installed on the system.  usbhid-ups is no where to be found.

So, does anyone either know of a prebuilt kit of a recent version that will
work, or does anyone know what I need to be adding to that .gz file in order
to have the complete source that I will need to make it work?
--scott