[Nut-upsuser] CP1500AVRLCD NOCOMM

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 03:04:29 UTC 2016

On Oct 10, 2016, at 11:32 PM, Lane Russell wrote:

> It looks like I'm currently on 4.4.0-38
>
> uname -a:
> Linux kvm 4.4.0-38-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 6 15:42:33 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Ah, right, the default kernel for Ubuntu 16.04. (I am getting the distributions mixed up.)

Can you try the libusb-1.0 branch? It's possible to configure NUT using the same options as for the .deb package, so you would only need to rebuild the one usbhid-ups driver.

Also, you mentioned "Reducing POLLFREQ & POLLFREQALERT from 5s to 10s". The default value for "pollfreq" in ups.conf is 30 seconds. If you are referring to the POLLFREQ option in upsmon.conf, it does need to be greater than "pollinterval", but you can raise them both.

The symptom of having the driver poll the UPS too frequently (as set in ups.conf) is that the driver might overload the USB microcontroller in the UPS, and could cause the UPS to disconnect (as Stuart mentioned for his Tripp Lite UPS). If upsmon polls faster than the driver, then you will also get "data stale" messages, but that is unfortunately not a unique symptom - hence the need for more detailed logs.

It looks like your version of "upsdrvctl" doesn't pass "-D" to the driver. For Ubuntu, you can start the driver directly like so:

/lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a ups -DDD