[Nut-upsuser] trouble building nut for HID-USB [Tripp Lite 4016]

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:05:05 UTC 2016

On Oct 28, 2016, at 8:43 AM, Dorsey, Scott B. (LARC-D316)[LITES II] wrote:

> So, no suggestions for diagnosing intermittent driver loading issues?
>
>> You might also benefit from adjusting these variables: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2016-October/010352.html
>
> I tried changing the polling interval, it doesn't seem to make any difference.  Either it loads when upsdrvctl runs, or it doesn't.  Once it loads,
> it can poll at any rate without being a problem.
> --scott

Ah, I think I was confusing several threads. I thought you were restarting after the driver had indicated that the UPS had disconnected.

Since you have 2.7.4 now, there is a pair of upsdrvctl options introduced in 2.7.2 to control retries: "maxretry" and "retrydelay".

http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/ups.conf.html

The strange part is that I would expect the "No matching HID UPS found" message to correlate with the UPS not showing up on lsusb. There are some corner cases, though.

We'll need the startup messages from the driver. I thought we had fixed this to pass the debug flags through, but something like "upsdrvctl -D -D start" should print the path to the driver, and then you can copy-and-paste that command line (something like "/lib/nut/usbhid-ups...") with one or more "-D" flags added to *that*.