[Nut-upsuser] Errors when running on Windows

Jeff Bowman jeff.bowman at intexx.com
Fri Sep 9 18:57:34 UTC 2016

I'm facing a looming deadline for getting this working, so I'm hoping someone experienced can weigh in on this.

I'm getting errors in the Event Log when stopping the service:

  1. Error stopping upsd (2)
  2. Error stopping upsmon (2)

Is there a detailed log somewhere? How can I track this down and find out what they mean? Or does someone know?

Also, these three commands result in only a blank line echoed to the screen:

  1. upsc ups at localhost
  2. upsmon
  3. upsd

I believe from reading the documentation that these should be producing some result.

All of this leads me to the conclusion that NUT isn't working on my system. Here is my configuration:

nut.conf
------------
MODE=standalone

ups.conf
------------
[ups]
  driver = usbhid-ups
  port = auto

upsmon.conf
------------
MONITOR ups at localhost 1 upsmon passwd master
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "shutdown -l"
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5