[Nut-upsuser] How to send shutdown signal to UPS hardware?

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Sat Sep 10 10:21:45 UTC 2016

fredag 9 september 2016 kl. 18:57:36 CEST skrev  Jeff Bowman:
> I learned earlier from Roger Price's excellent explanation that a proper
> configuration includes sending a 'delayed shutdown' signal to the UPS
> hardware prior to shutting down the server.

Hi Jeff.

> How is this accomplished? Does the USB driver handle this for us or must we
> do something additional?
It depends on the driver. Look in the manual for your driver and check if it
have any extra arguments.
For example the driver I was involved in "bcmxcp" has a shutdown_delay that
set the time between receiving the command and actually shutting off.

USBHID-UPS have a offdelay.

"
offdelay=num
Set the timer before the UPS is turned off after the kill power command is
sent (via the -k switch).

The default value is 20 (in seconds). Usually this must be lower than ondelay,
but the driver will not warn you upon startup if it isn’t.
"
You set this in the "ups.conf" file.

Regards
Kjell Claesson