[Nut-upsuser] Errors when running on Windows

Jeff Bowman jeff.bowman at intexx.com
Sun Sep 11 19:38:03 UTC 2016

> What command(s) do you use to start NUT?

I think--THINK--that NUT.exe (running under the Windows service) is supposed to take care of all the startup commands. I say this because when the service is running I get the libUSB conflict error:

    Can't claim USB device [051d:0003]: libusb0-dll:err [claim_interface] could not
    claim interface 0, win error: The requested resource is in use.

    Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

...and when I stop the service I can successfully run usbdrvctl start (albeit with the 45-second hang and no hardware info displayed).

> Do usbhid-ups, upsd and upsmon start up?

I get this in PowerShell:

    PS C:\Users\Admin> Get-Process *ups*

    Handles  NPM(K)    PM(K)      WS(K) VM(M)   CPU(s)     Id ProcessName
         56       6      872       3688    46     0.03   4688 usbhid-ups

No upsd/upsmon as in your list.

> Roger

Thanks again,
Jeff Bowman