[Nut-upsuser] Use nut to handle shutdown when using local Li-io battery (Cubietruck)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:38:17 UTC 2016

On Sep 15, 2016, at 7:45 AM, Ingo Fischer wrote:

> But would it not be an idea to have a gerneric "linux" driver for nut?

Good point. When I think "generic", I think "programmable"[*], but you are right - the /sys interface is fairly standard.

[*] ("programmable" is a bit heavy for this application, although work is progressing on embedding a Lua interpreter for some drivers)

I created a Github issue so we don't forget about this: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/319

Do the files under /sys/class/power_supply/battery look the same as on a laptop? Does upower already handle them? (I think that the use cases for upower and a NUT /sys driver are sufficiently different that they can both exist, but if they have already solved compatibility problems...)