[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb MEC0002 problem Fry's Electronics (Turbo-X) [HID PDC?]

Vassilis Virvilis vasvir at iit.demokritos.gr
Thu Sep 15 14:04:39 UTC 2016

Hi again,

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 10:05 AM, Vassilis Virvilis <vasvir at iit.demokritos.gr>
> wrote:
>> Now that's a problem. I am not sure that I can find
>>
>> 1) the original software
>> 2) a (physical) windows machine in the vicinity of the UPS

Ha!

I jumped several hooks but I think I got it.

01. I contacted the store that sold us the UPS and they were kind enough
to give me a copy of the software
02. It is Upsilon2000. Turns out it has support for linux
03. It has 3 candidates for linux, linux-upsilon.tar.gz,
centos-upsilon.tar.gz, linux.Z
04. Uncompress & diff & manual installations & tests
05. linux.Z does not have usb support
06. centos is upsilon 2.1.x
08. linux-upsilon is uspilon 3.0 - ok let's go with that
09. Setup usbmon
10. configure upsilon to use usb instead /dev/ttyS1. Not trivial. No
documentation, I had to use ltrace to see that it strcmp the device name
from the config file with "hid". So "hid" is the USB hurray
11. Collect the usbmon log. Please find it attached. Keep in mind that I
broke the circuit with a power switch so the UPS at some point went on
battery. Then I turned it back on.

The $upsilon status command showed a text screen with most of the info
unavailable. So I can't tell if it is really working.

Hope that help you decipher this UPS

Thank you for your support so far

Regards

     Vassilis Virvilis