[Nut-upsuser] battery not installed, but battery still 100% and NUT 2.7.2-4 does not catch this and report a error

Stuart Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Mon Apr 3 15:20:12 UTC 2017

On 04/03/2017 11:10 AM, Roger Price wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Apr 2017, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
>
>> Power seem to be lost immediately.
>> But my APC Smart-UPS 1500 always reported everything OK.
>> battery.charge     :     100
>> battery.mfr.date     :     2005/08/26
>
> Hi, Could you confirm that the battery is nearly 12 years old?  Roger
Sure, but the issue is that the nut driver and upsd are correctly
reporting an ALARM condition, but upsmon is not reacting to it.  I don't
see offhand anything in upsmon.conf to do something with ALARM.

I suggest:

1) replacing the battery ASAP (or buy a modern AVR UPS for not much more)

2) can we simulate an ALARM condition with the dummy-ups driver to debug
upsmon (or its configuration)?