[Nut-upsuser] battery not installed, but battery still 100% and NUT 2.7.2-4 does not catch this and report a error

Jon Bendtsen jon.bendtsen at jonix.dk
Tue Apr 4 13:37:37 UTC 2017

On 04/04/17 15.19, Arnaud Quette wrote:

[cuuut]

> there is a Github issue: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/415
> + a branch with the implementation:
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/tree/upsmon_alarm
>
> For now:
> - upsmon can react on the ALARM notify type, as with other events, and
> WALL+SYSLOG+EXEC...
> - I've also fixed the CGI to expose the ALARM flag, which was not done.
>
> A possible improvement would be to send the content of ups.alarm, but that
> requires more thinking and time.
> And the current implementation already points at this data.
>
> @Jon: would you be able to test this branch and ack? (including the "covers (or
> not) my needs...)

yeah, I can do that, but I'd prefer to wait a few days and test with a machine
that does nothing else and with NUT software that my main servers does not rely on.

I've just ordered a new Eaton 5SC 1500i as a replacement because it is listed as
very well supported. Once it gets here I'll get the broken UPS free and I'll
install the NUT software on a test machine.

JonB