[Nut-upsuser] battery not installed, but battery still 100% and NUT 2.7.2-4 does not catch this and report a error

Jon Bendtsen jon.bendtsen at jonix.dk
Tue Apr 11 06:18:38 UTC 2017

On 11/04/17 03.36, Charles Lepple wrote:

[cuuuuuut]

good points.

> Not sure if this got answered already, but is the "No battery installed" alarm
> accurate, or is it just an old battery? If old, does the battery.runtime value
 > get adjusted downwards after a battery test? Either way, we would need to
 > establish which reading should take priority, and I don't think this is
> straightforward.

I think the battery is installed, but it is a really really old battery. I will
try to do a battery test now that it doesn't power anything at all, hopefully a
monitor is enough to do the load test. I could also try to open it and see if
the battery is connected.

JonB
ps: in my new UPS Eaton 5SC I could not see a battery manufacture date in the
extended tree data from nut-cgi :-/ so I wrote the install date on a sticker and
put it on it.