[Nut-upsuser] Two UPS via SNMP at one ubunut box

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 13:17:46 UTC 2017

On Apr 17, 2017, at 3:43 AM, Karsten Kortenhorn <karstenkortenhorn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to check two UPS in two different buildings with an ubuntu server. I use SNMP on both UPS. The cgi-page displayed all information as expected, but if I pull the fuse for one UPS in building A, none action occur. I expected that I get a mail "UPS A on Batt" and that after 5 minutes the shotdownscript starts. But no action.
>
> I saw that there is no upsmon process running. Is this normal because of the SNMP connection?

upsmon should be running on the system with upsmon.conf (which does not need to be the same system running upsd). It does not matter whether the monitored UPS is connected to the driver with SNMP.

On Ubuntu, upsmon should be started if MODE in /etc/nut/nut.conf is set to something other than "none". So your configuration looks correct.

Which version of NUT and Ubuntu?

As mentioned in other recent threads, there may be a race condition if you use LISTEN with something less reliable than a static IP configuration with ifupdown. Instead of binding to individual IPs, I would recommend listening to 0.0.0.0 and using a firewall rule to block traffic from other interfaces.