[Nut-upsuser] NUT not recognising Mini-box OpenUPS 2

Song Teck Ng st.ng at leading-edge-automation.com
Tue Aug 1 07:14:50 UTC 2017

Hello,

Would like to see if I could get some help with this UPS on a debian
set-up. Am not the best with linux and have tried what I managed to find
elsewhere on the list so am just trying here.

1) Device seems supported:
http://networkupstools.org/ddl/Mini-Box.com/OpenUPS2.html

2) lsusb -v -d 04d8: seems to give the right parameters including product
name, max power etc from the unit

3) Followed the steps here as an initial starting point:

https://gist.github.com/clungzta/2b5f737f006e1530cc59

4) Have edited the ups.conf and nut.conf files with the necessary entries
but trying to start the driver with upsdrvctl start gives:

"Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.4

Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.37 (2.6.4)

USB communication driver 0.32

No matching HID UPS found

Driver failed to start (exit status=1)"

Is this due to the usbhid-ups driver not being compiled? Or am I missing a
trick somewhere? Many thanks for any assistance, will gladly provide more
details where required.