[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite SMART1500LCD no delay before ups shutdown.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 12:33:17 UTC 2017

[when responding, please use reply-all - the list does not mangle the reply-to header]

> On Aug 21, 2017, at 12:45 AM, Whiteshell Tech <neil at whiteshell-tech.com> wrote:
>
> I have attempted to set the delay higher using "upsrw -s ups.delay.shutdown=120 TrippLiteUPS at localhost" and confirmed the value with "upsc TrippLiteUPS at localhost" Still the UPS switches off right away.

Due to the way that the HID PDC shutdown sequence works, the value you see from "upsc ups.delay.shutdown" is just a variable in the driver. It does not write that to the UPS until the delayed shutdown command is sent, since the shutdown timer in the UPS starts when that value is written.

That said, it looks like the TrippLite HID mappings (in v2.7.4 as well as master) are missing the "shutdown.return" command. I'd look into it further, but ironically, the local power company has scheduled maintenance coming up soon, and I am typing this on a machine with a Tripp Lite UPS that doesn't play well with NUT. Should have more time later today or this week.

> At first after installing the debian nut packages with apt-get and setting up the config files I had to setup a systemd service to exeu "upsdrvctl shutdown" on shutdown or else the ups would not turn off at all. Now after setting up that service is when I discovered the issue, that the ups does not delay in shutting down.

This sounds like a bug in the Debian packaging (or Proxmox? Not sure where the dividing line is.) Can you check their bug trackers?