[Nut-upsuser] Windows Binary for 2.7.4

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 13:15:03 UTC 2017

On Aug 13, 2017, at 10:29 PM, Jeff Silberberg <jms at dapage.net> wrote:
> Looking at the project site the latest Windows Binary is a few back - 2.6.5.6
>
> Has any one built a more recent version that they can upload and update the Project site ?
>
> Looking for Windows 7 / Windows 8, not running Windows 10 on any of my tool Laptops and
> I need to check some battery packs and overall status on a series of UPS units in shelters,  The build
> 2.6.5.6 gives my grirf in a number of areas including libusb0.dll

The windows-port branch was not merged properly with the main NUT SVN trunk (now Git master branch) during development, so it is effectively stuck at 2.6.5.x.

There was talk of rewriting the Windows compatibility layer for later versions of NUT. Some status is scattered across the following GitHub issues.

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3AWindows

If your issue is mostly with USB, you might consider using an embedded Linux system as a NUT server, and running NUT 2.6.5-6 or ntUPSd on the clients.

Also, if you know of anyone willing to help out with the NUT Windows port, that would be most useful. (The intent is to cross-compile using the MinGW compilers so that we can easily keep the Windows code in sync with the classic NUT codebase, and I realize MinGW might be a turn-off to potential developers accustomed to Visual Studio.)