[Nut-upsuser] SNMPv3 fails when more than one UPS is configured in ups.conf

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 13:56:22 UTC 2017

On Dec 4, 2017, at 2:43 PM, Lee Damon <nomad at ee.washington.edu> wrote:

> I have it "working" with the following settings changes from the default
> in the RPM. By "working" I mean it starts after reboot and after issuing
> 'sudo systemctl restart nut-driver' but, as expected, it takes quite a
> while to finish startup.

Yeah, this doesn't sound ideal.

How close do the EPEL RPM's systemd configuration files look to the ones in the NUT tree? e.g. https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.7.2/scripts/systemd/nut-driver.service.in

If the EPEL RPMs have a bug tracker, it might be worth pinging them about it. The "StopWhenUnneeded=no" part is odd, in my mind, although the idea is for "upsdrvctl start" to start the drivers, let them fork, then exit. (Were you running "upsdrvctl -D start" at the command line or under systemd? I would not expect the latter to work without modifications.)

There is also a proposal for reworking the NUT driver startup under systemd, in case problems crop up later, and you want to revisit this:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/330

As I understand it, the drivers would each get their own systemd unit, so that might be easier for isolating failures.