[Nut-upsuser] NUT Restart Issue

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sat Dec 9 08:41:21 UTC 2017

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Common Granger wrote:

> I am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS using NUT 2.7.4 with an APC Back-UPS
> RS1000G.  The problem is I do test shutdown using  sudo upsmon -c fsd
> and my computer shuts down ok but no matter how long I wait it never
> turns back on.  Is there a way to fix this.  I am using the usbhid-ups
> driver.

Your computer would turn on again if

  1. The AC power from the UPS unit was stopped and then started again.

  2. Your BIOS option to restart on AC return was set correctly.

If you want this to happen automatically, then your shutdown sequence
should include a "delayed shutdown" order to the UPS unit.  The delay is
by default 20 sec.  The "delayed shutdown" has the effect of turning off
the power outlets of the UPS unit after the delay.

Roger