[Nut-upsuser] NUT configuration complicated by Stonith/Fencing cabling

Tim Richards tims_tank at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:08:24 UTC 2017

Charles and Manuel,

Thanks for the help.

Charles pointer to the IP address that was 'not listening' gave me the hint. I had assigned the listening interface to the crossover cable connected network cards link between the two nodes. I changed it to the switch connected network cards and bingo.

The lack of power in the other node was telling the surviving node on reboot that the crossover connected network card was dead, hence no NUT.

Both nodes still go down on pulling one plug, but the mains connected node comes back up with services working. And when I restart the other node, they still try to shoot (fence) each other. But that's fine, someone will be there checking why only one UPS has died. That's enough high availability for this use.

Hope this configuration is useful to someone else.

Regards,
Tim.