[Nut-upsuser] Frys Electronic / ATCL FOR UPS / Debian Jessie

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 00:31:59 UTC 2017

[please use Reply-All to include the list - the list server does not modify the headers]

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 1:49 PM, london jak wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Can’t seem to get this working with Frys Electronic / ATCL FOR UPS device connect direct via USB.
>

> This post suggests it should work:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2015-April/009692.html
>

> OS Debian Jessie
>
> NUT 2.7.4-20
>
> Driver: nutdrv_qx
>
> I’ve built nut from source and but get ‘device not supported’

Are you sure that it uses that driver? Unfortunately, there are two different styles of UPS which both report the "ATCL FOR UPS" string. (The "Fry's Electronics" part is a red herring - that is just Vendor ID 0001.)

http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/nutdrv_atcl_usb.html

If that doesn't work, can you post the debug messages from the driver? On Debian, after running 'service stop nut-server', you can start the driver manually with '/lib/nut/nutdrv_qx -a <name-of-driver> -DD'.