[Nut-upsuser] Device not supported?

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Jul 5 23:45:19 UTC 2017

On 07/06/2017 02:38 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Jul 5, 2017, at 7:23 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>>> Manuel: did you happen to regenerate the udev files, or use one of the Buildbot tarballs? We typically don't bother to do that until "make dist" before a release (since the rules files are generated from *.in files based on configure parameters), so your package might still have the rules file from 2.7.4 (which does not include protocol 1330).
>> yes, the package installed by Mr. Coletti includes the new rules:
> Thanks for checking. (I really should set up a Fedora VM and/or learn how to use alien to check on things like this.)
I was tempted to say that alien sucks donkey balls but that would not be
polite, would it ?
Beware that despite the heavy backporting done by RH, fedora is far
ahead of RHEL 7 and very far ahead of RHEL 6 ( especially in terms of
libraries )

> Does udev automatically reload when the rules files change? The Debian/Ubuntu packages are supposed to run "udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=usb --action=change" as part of the postinst.
I've stolen from the fedora package the following gem which , AFAIK ( I
am no udev wizard.. ) does the same thing:

postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
/sbin/ldconfig
udevadm control --reload ||:

> (I think udev rescans the rules when a device is plugged in, so unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable should work, too.)

you are 100% right here, AFAIK