[Nut-upsuser] Compaq R3000h support

Tomas Larsson tomas.larsson at enrad.se
Sat Jul 22 08:13:56 UTC 2017

Hi List.
I have an old Compaq 3000 (Eaton 5119).
It is running servers, disk-arrays, one workstation etc.
I am planning to install NUT (master) on a headless CENTOS 6.8 system.
Connect the UPS with seral cable.
Now my main question is, Does NUT support the power segments on the UPS.
My intention is to be able to take down the system in an ordered way before the batteries are exhausted.
I.e
5 mins after Power Loss take shut down the servers on segment 3.
When they are down, shut down power for segment 3
Then repeat for segment 2
And finally process servers on segment 1

Servers are a mix of Centos, W2k8R2 and ESXi5.5 with W2k8(R2).
Workstationisi W10Pro
NAS is Synology Rackstation RS816

With best regards
Tomas Larsson