[Nut-upsuser] Help with Elite 800VA usb UPS

Andrea de Lutti adelutti at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 12:10:12 UTC 2017

So....seems so better...

Each time I rebbot, I miss the /var/run/nut folder...

root at artu:~# upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.2
Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.11 (2.7.2)
Can't chdir to /var/run/nut: No such file or directory
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

root at artu:~# upsd
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.7.2
fopen /var/run/nut/upsd.pid: No such file or directory
listening on 192.168.1.1 port 3493
listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
Can't chdir to /var/run/nut: No such file or directory

Once manually created ad giving permission to nut group, I can start the
driver and the daemon:

root at artu:~# upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.2
Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.11 (2.7.2)
Supported UPS detected with megatec protocol
Rating information unavailable
Vendor information unavailable
No values provided for battery high/low voltages in ups.conf

Using 'guestimation' (low: -0.866667, high: -1

root at artu:~# upsd -c reload
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.7.2
.083333)!
Battery runtime will not be calculated (runtimecal not set)

root at artu:~# upsc Elit at artu
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.voltage: 13.90
battery.voltage.high: -1.08
battery.voltage.low: -0.87
device.type: ups
driver.name: blazer_usb
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.7.2
driver.version.internal: 0.11
input.frequency: 50.0
input.voltage: 228.7
input.voltage.fault: 140.0
output.voltage: 226.5
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 30
ups.delay.start: 180
ups.load: 16
ups.productid: 0000
ups.status: OL
ups.temperature: 30.0
ups.type: offline / line interactive
ups.vendorid: ffff

What's the right procedure for loading driver/daemon at boot?
I have read a lot about /var/run/nut missing, but haven't find any
solution....

I have also successfully tested the battery...

 upscmd -uadmin -pups Elit at artu test.battery.start.quick

Thank you lots,
Andrea