[Nut-upsuser] Help with Elite 800VA usb UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 20:12:49 UTC 2017

On Jun 16, 2017, at 9:19 AM, Andrea de Lutti <adelutti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks mates,
> as suggested I have added
>
>     runtimecal = 240,100,720,50
>     default.battery.voltage.low = 10.4
>     default.battery.voltage.high = 13.8 (the actual charging voltage)
>
> In ups.conf
>
> I have also added the startup procedure in rc.local file, everything is fine...
> I have only to make a deep test.

Glad that worked.

> Is there a way to add a NOTIFYMSG value for the battery test?

Do you mean a notification that a test is in progress, or something for the results?

There is the REPLBATT message in upsmon when the battery test fails, but I don't think the generic Qx protocol supports the RB status flag.

You could possibly trigger on the OB status and look for the CAL flag in ups.status as well, but I haven't tried to automate that.