[Nut-upsuser] Unable to use nut-2.7.4 with Eaton 5E1500I USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 14:33:59 UTC 2017

On Jun 19, 2017, at 4:27 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>   1.014501     [D2] Unable to get HID descriptor (Pipe error)
>   1.014511     [D3] HID descriptor length (method 1) -1

So at this point in the logs, the kernel USB HID driver is detached from the UPS HID interface (until the UPS USB cable is unplugged and reattached). If you run "lsusb -vvv -d 0463:ffff", does it print the HID report descriptor? (Normally, lsusb will only print descriptors for interfaces that are not claimed by a kernel driver or userspace library.)

If so, then it is worth checking to see how usbutils is talking to the UPS.

If not (lsusb returns "Report Descriptors:" / "** UNAVAILABLE **"), it seems like the two options are to upgrade the kernel (which I understand is an issue), or try to roll back the userspace tools to match what was current when the kernel was current.