[Nut-upsuser] man pages and asciidoc (was: Device not supported?)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 13:37:15 UTC 2017

On Jun 23, 2017, at 10:28 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

> Unfortunately they do not include any man pages, I did not have time to find a workaround for the hard requirement of newer versions for the tools used by the build process to create the man pages.

You have mentioned the man pages several times, and I am slightly confused.

If I grab a tarball from http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/docker-debian-jessie/snapshot/master/nut-latest.tar.gz , the man pages are included. Are they not being installed if there is not a new-enough version of asciidoc available?

Also, how much of a version mismatch are we talking about? I don't remember all of the errors in the older versions that led us to add the version checks to configure.ac, but we can certainly look into them.

However, asciidoc is not difficult to upgrade. True, it has a lot of dependencies, but those dependencies apply equally to the earlier versions as well.