[Nut-upsuser] MGE ESV+ and Power Trim

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 13:21:17 UTC 2017

On Mar 2, 2017, at 3:38 PM, David Baker <david at baker.im> wrote:

> I’ve read the documentation, and it would appear that this can be set by the U-Talk protocol (page 34 of http://networkupstools.org/protocols/mge/9261zwfa.pdf) but I can’t seem to figure out how to send the device the command, or manage to terminal into the unit (once disabling NUT services) and send the command.
>
> I think the command would be Lv 24000.

In theory, you could change the following line:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.7.4/drivers/mge-utalk.h#L220

from "{ "output.voltage", 0, 0, "Lv", "%05.1f", VOLT, TRUE },"

to "{ "output.voltage", ST_FLAG_RW | ST_FLAG_STRING, 5, "Lv", "%05.1f", VOLT, TRUE },"

This would allow you to use the "upsrw" command to set the voltage (with appropriate scaling).

Do you have a development environment set up for the Raspberry Pi?