[Nut-upsuser] Fw: [Nut-upsdev] POWERCOM-UPS-USB : UPS Shutdown

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue May 16 09:24:33 UTC 2017

On Tue, 16 May 2017, Dinow Hsieh wrote:

> BB. Could you show us the output of command "upsc pcmups"?
>
> ==> Yes. Below 2 mode were the outputs of command "upsc pcmups"
>
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.charge.low: 10
> battery.charge.warning: 30
> battery.date: 2010/12/20
> ups.date: 2010/12/20
> ups.load: 4
> ups.status: OB DISCHRG

Is this battery really 6.5 years old?  Is this part of the problem?  One
would not expect such a battery to support any load.  I notice that during
the test, you have little or no load, since despite being in state OB
DISCHRG the battery.charge is still 100.  It's best to perform such tests
with a dummy load such as a table lamp and an old fashioned incandescent
100 watt bulb.

> ups.delay.shutdown: 20
> ups.delay.start: 60

I wonder where the ups.delay.start: 60 comes from.  The NUT default value
is 30 secs, and you do not change the value in ups.conf.

> DD. Does wall successfully notify the users on an Ubuntu system?   If you
> type
>
>     echo "Hello from wall" | wall
>
> do the users of Gnome, KDE, LXDE, LightDM etc see the message?
>
> ==> Yes. I used the putty and got below 3 messages
> (Battery Power / Power Resotre / and type commands directly)
>

> D3. Broadcast Message from dinow-Al
>         (/dev/pts/0) at 11:02 ...
>
> Hello from wall

I'm guessing that this output is in an xterm window or something similar.
It shows that wall is working but does not show that the wall->Gnome,
wall->KDE, wall->LXDE, wall->LightDM interfaces are working.  Does a
Ubuntu user with no xterm window open see the message as part of the
system notifications?

Roger