[Nut-upsuser] Email Alerts for Multiple UPSs with upssched

O'Shaughnessy, Mike Mike.OShaughnessy at gd-ms.com
Tue Oct 31 17:24:04 UTC 2017

There's supposedly another way with a custom upsmon.conf:

NOTIFYMSG type message

upsmon comes with a set of stock messages for various events. You can change them if you like.

NOTIFYMSG ONLINE "UPS %s is getting line power"

NOTIFYMSG ONBATT "Someone pulled the plug on %s"

Note that %s is replaced with the identifier of the UPS in question.

The message must be one element in the configuration file, so if it contains spaces, you must wrap it in quotes.

NOTIFYMSG NOCOMM "Someone stole UPS %s"

Possible values for type:
ONLINE

UPS is back online
ONBATT

UPS is on battery
LOWBATT

UPS is on battery and has a low battery (is critical)
FSD

UPS is being shutdown by the master (FSD = "Forced Shutdown")
COMMOK

Communications established with the UPS
COMMBAD

Communications lost to the UPS
SHUTDOWN

The system is being shutdown
REPLBATT

The UPS battery is bad and needs to be replaced
NOCOMM

A UPS is unavailable (can't be contacted for monitoring)