[Nut-upsuser] new NUT release please!

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Sep 11 17:49:27 UTC 2017

Mike writes:

> On 9/10/2017 6:41 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> > Dutchman01 writes:
> >
> >> Hello all,
> >>

> >> I request a new NUT release as current dates back to March 9, 2016: NUT
> 2.7.4
> >>
> >> The fact stays that not all distro’s use latest snapshots/commits from
> github
> >> dev tree.
> >>

> >> So please do release a new up to date version please.
> >
> > I updated Fedora's nut rpms with a custom rpm package that was built off
> the
> > libusb-1.0 branch. It's been running fine, for the last 4-5 months, or so;
> > subject to Tripplite's typical crappiness, of course.
>

> > subject to Tripplite's typical crappiness, of course.
>
> Oh, so it's not just me that has had the "pleasure" of using their UPS....

The libusb-1.0 branch is more stable with that UPS, but the UPS is still
crap. The communications can be reliably reset by disconnecting and
reconnecting the USB cable, so it should be theoretically possible to
recover by completely shutting down and reenabling the USB port, but I
haven't found a way to do that in Linux.