[Nut-upsuser] Flatpak request

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 02:33:05 UTC 2017

On Sep 15, 2017, at 9:51 PM, MTS <mts5204 at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Is there a possibility of NUT being built into a Flatpak so all distributions can use it.
> If it was available on Flathub it would be a simple and foolproof way of installing it.

From http://flatpak.org/faq.html :

"Can Flatpak be used on servers too?

"Flatpak is designed to run inside a desktop session and relies on certain session services, such as a dbus session bus and a systemd --user instance. This makes Flatpak not a good match for a server."

I am not familiar with Flatpak myself, but given the differences between all of the packages of NUT for various distros (especially in the way that they shut down the system and then the UPS), I don't know if it would be possible to reliably package anything more than the NUT-Monitor GUI for Flatpak.