[Nut-upsuser] building on Solus

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 02:00:04 UTC 2017

On Sep 17, 2017, at 9:39 PM, MTS <mts5204 at bigpond.com> wrote:

> I am looking at the readme in /scripts/python but am unsure how to proceed.

To be honest, the install process for the GUI is pretty much "install the distro package", due to the additional dependencies. (I have been trying to install some Python GUI modules from PyPI for another project, and the .deb packages seem way cleaner.)

To install the PyNUT module, look for the 'site-packages' directory in the output of this command:

python -c 'import sys; print sys.path'

Copy PyNUT.py to that directory.

(The Debian/Ubuntu/Mint way is to put modules in python-support, then the postinst does some magic to compile the modules into the site-packages for each of the Python versions that are installed.)

To run the NUT-Monitor GUI, you will need PyGTK. For help there, you may need to ask on a Solus list or forum.