[Nut-upsuser] Query NUT via SNMP on Linux?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 23:26:29 BST 2018

On Aug 8, 2018, at 5:36 PM, Garrett Michael Hayes <Garrett at VerbalImaging.com> wrote:

> I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought I was.
>
> I am NOT asking about how to monitor a UPS using SNMP.
> NUT is already configured and monitoring the UPS just fine on a USB connection.
>
> I'm asking if it is possible to query NUT, using SNMP, *about* the UPS it is already monitoring.

I think the generic term for exposing information (such as NUT status) over SNMP is "SNMP agent" functionality.

The 2016 references after the first comment in 2013 are bogus, but it may be worth checking out the project mentioned here: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/11 <https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/11>

There may be other references to SNMP agent functionality in the mailing lists - that was just the first one I found.