[Nut-upsuser] Wrong battery.date variable value

Denny Page denny at cococafe.com
Wed Aug 15 16:53:52 BST 2018

Kevin,

As Matthijs noted, pfSense uses a circular log file. The default size is ~500KB, which can be a bit small. You can increase the log file size by changing the “Log file size” parameter on the Log management page. Look for the wrench symbol on the system log page (Status / System Logs / System / General). Note that you have to clear the log after changing its size. FWIW, I have mine set to 10MB.

If you want complete information on UPS discovery, the best time to capture complete information about the UPS would be after a reboot. If you are not able to reboot, then restarting the UPS service (Status / Services) will get suffice to get all the messages originating from NUT itself. It will not include the kernel discovery messages, but I don’t see a need for that here.

Denny