[Nut-upsuser] Wrong battery.date variable value [APC, usbhid-ups]

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:27:07 BST 2018

On Aug 30, 2018, at 10:05 AM, Ong, Kevin wrote:

> The battery.mfr.date is actually the correct value I'm looking for. That is the exact date the battery was last replaced. And yes, it is the correct value displayed in apcupsd.

I think we're on the same page for the battery date. What about the date of manufacture for the UPS - does 2012 seem reasonable?

> For the debug commands, is there a line break between "upsdrvctl stop" and "/usr/local/libexec/nut/usbhid-ups -a APC_BR1500GI -DDDDD 2>&1 | tee /tmp/APC_BR1500GI.debug.txt"? Well, I tried both ways and I come up with an "Ambiguous output redirect." error message.

yes, line break, and each of the commands you put in quotes should all be on one line. What does "echo $SHELL" say? (I'm assuming something like /bin/sh or /bin/ksh, but it might be csh-based.)

You can also try without the "2>&1" - I forget which parts go to stdout and which go to stderr (that attempts to redirect stderr to stdout, which then gets piped to tee).