[Nut-upsuser] MGE EllipseMAX 1500 shuts down after a few hours

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sun Dec 2 20:21:12 GMT 2018

On December 2, 2018 7:29:38 PM GMT+02:00, raul <raulvior.bcn at gmail.com> wrote:
>I have restored original configuration and enabled the ignorelb flag. I
>
>didn't point out in the original e-mail that after every poweroff the
>battery percentage is reported at 40% instead of 100% and charges
>slowly again to 100%. Maybe the UPS sends a LB event and shuts down
>immediatly as suggested in the manual. But the UPS powered off again.
>The variables reported by upsc can be found here:
>https://pastebin.com/JWmnp8iW
>Graphs plotting the battery charge can be found here:
>https://screenshots.firefox.com/iyTY8fAIB2MjXMV5/openmediavault.local
>The battery charge drops suddenly when the UPS shuts down.

Maybe I am completely wrong but this behaviour rhymes quite well with a faulty (old) battery which reports being charged but actually cannot really hold the charge. I suggest taking it off and verifying it with a voltmeter , preferably while having a consumer connected as well ( like a good old 12V incandescent light bulb, as those used for cars i.e. 25-45W or so )

Wolfy