[Nut-upsuser] detailed ups.test.result

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 13:04:07 GMT 2018

On Dec 15, 2018, at 10:32 PM, James <bjlockie at lockie.ca> wrote:

> My UPS has an LCD that says the battery is 100% and the estimated run time is 12min.
> The uspc has similar results.
> The problem is when line power is lost the UPS batter goes to 0% very quickly (seconds).
>
> It charged to 85% when power was restored.
> 86-100% is slower.

It is common for an UPS to have different phases of charging, with the charging current tapering off at the end.

> I did:
> $ upscmd desktop_ups test.battery.start.deep
> Username (admin):
> Password:
> OK
>
> Now the ups.test.result says there is a warning.
> I suspect this will tell me the error.
>
> $ upsc desktop_ups ups.test.result
> Done and warning
>
> How do I get more details about the result?
> Surely there must be more.

Which driver is this?

It is possible that there is more information that hasn't been mapped to a NUT variable in upsc, but there really isn't a lot of other standard information to convey. Some UPSes will report a status that we map to the "RB" (replace battery) flag in ups.status.

> Are the symptoms consistent with a failed battery?
> It is old.

Lead-acid batteries are good for about 2-5 years in an UPS.