[Nut-upsuser] testing shutdown: pc not restarting; and "ups unavailable" messages

Lee Damon nomad at ee.washington.edu
Thu Feb 1 16:33:46 UTC 2018

I have seen cases where 'cleanly shut down' hosts don't come back up, even
when the BIOS is set to "last state" or "always on".

I had to change my NUT shutdown script to call halt instead of halt -p so
the host was halted but still powered on. Then when power was cut and
restored the host came back up.

nomad