[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SU5000RT3U

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 13:46:45 BST 2018

On Jun 6, 2018, at 5:18 PM, Michael <fax12345 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From reading it, it looks like the hex code in the debug area is key.

Agreed - the code that I added to the tripplite_0005 branch parses those same bytes that are shown in the debug output. (All of the Tripp-Lite protocols are similar, with subtle differences in which variables they support, and whether the values are in binary or hex.) There is one more commit on that branch from this morning which uses the UPS value for battery charge instead of a NUT approximation.

The key is to make sure that the 0005 protocol code is being rebuilt properly, and being used.

Since you are on the tripplite_0005 branch (according to "git status"), you should be able to run "git pull" from that directory to get the battery charge update. Then, rebuild with "make". You can ether run the driver from the nut/drivers/ directory ("sudo ./tripplite_usb -DD ...", or if you are overwriting drivers from the original .deb package, you can run "sudo make install" and then start NUT as usual.

The thing to look for in upsc output:

driver.version.internal: 0.29

should become

driver.version.internal: 0.31

(we might be missing a Makefile dependency that prevents driver.version from always updating the Git hash, but the driver.version.internal number comes from the driver file that I just updated.)