[Nut-upsuser] Android NUT client?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 14:41:37 BST 2018

[when replying to the list, please use "reply all" - the list does not mangle Reply-To headers]

On Jun 26, 2018, at 3:14 PM, Parker Reed <parker.l.reed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been looking around but haven't been able to find even a mention of a client on Android. Does one exist?

I am not aware of one, but it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to write something based off of the jNUT Java bindings: https://github.com/networkupstools/jNut <https://github.com/networkupstools/jNut>

On the other hand, I'm not sure I would personally want to open a NUT listening port to the outside world. (You could probably use a VPN, though.) Other options for basic status include the NUT CGI scripts (https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsstats.cgi.html <https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsstats.cgi.html>), and using external monitoring tools like collectd: https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:NUT <https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:NUT> (other options listed here: https://networkupstools.org/projects.html#_network_management_systems_nms_integration <https://networkupstools.org/projects.html#_network_management_systems_nms_integration> )