[Nut-upsuser] Best Power FE700VA?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 02:07:00 UTC 2018

On Mar 20, 2018, at 6:06 PM, David Melik wrote:

> On 03/19/2018 04:49 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> The rc-style init systems typically want programs like the drivers to go into the background on their own (as the driver does without "-D", or when launched by "upsdrvctl start"). Other init systems like launchd or systemd will monitor the PID of the program to restart it if necessary, so they work best when the driver doesn't fork.
>
> Ok, around 24hrs ago I retested, but the (same) output is still on the screen without it going into background to release tty/sh...

My mistake - I misinterpreted the log you posted. Without the "-D" flag, the driver should go into the background in a matter of seconds, usually.

Can you run the driver under strace, and see where it gets stuck?

Or did you only run it with the "-D" flag? In that case, if you are getting "Connection refused" from "upsc", you might need to start "upsd" by hand.