[Nut-upsuser] What is needed to support Tripp Lite SU5000RT4UHV

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 01:27:46 UTC 2018

On Mar 26, 2018, at 5:42 PM, Bill Sautter <bsautter at albl.com> wrote:

> One of the 3 ups’s that I am trying to configure is a Tripp Lite SU5000RT4UHV.
>                The ups is recognized by the IETF 1.4 MIB, but I am getting  Unhandled ASN 0x80 and 0x81 when starting upsdrvctl with the –D option.

"Unhandled ASN ..." by itself isn't fatal, but you might be running into another issue. Do your symptoms match those described here?

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/171

> When I do a upsc {name of ups} the message returned is Error: Connection failure: Connection refused.

"Connection refused" means that upsd is not running, or not listening on the interface you expected. If you have a firewall set up, it is probably easier to use "LISTEN 0.0.0.0" to listen on all IPv4 addresses, rather than choosing a specific IP to listen on (as older versions of upsd.conf tend to recommend).