[Nut-upsuser] how to use multiple UPS with timers

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Wed May 9 15:15:30 BST 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 14:02:43 +0000, Pilch, Alexander wrote:
> Yes both UPS units are on different power supplies. MINSUPPLIES is set to 1.
> Afaik NUT waits for OB and LB before shutting down the system. Is there a way to change this behavior to only wait for OB?

set the "low" limit to 100%

> Then I would use FINALDELAY in case the power outage doesn't last long.
>
> I already tried to change the battery.runtime.low setting over the webinterface of the CS121 (snmp is readonly) but with our AEG UPS, this didn't work as expected(seems like a firmware bug) and I need to work around this problem.

override.battery.charge.low (in ups.conf) may help? (See also ignorelb.)

> I'm already in contact with AEG but I also have a bunch of UPS units from other manufacturers to cover with the same controller card and different (potentially buggy) firmware...

CS121, you say? I've seen some ugly behaviour of those.
As long as you don't plan / aren't authorized to actually shut down the UPS itself,
don't modify anything, neither via SNMP (it's good to have r/o access only) nor
via web interface.

Using the override, NUT can declare a LB condition on its own (hint: for testing
you may even set the percentage to 105).

HTH,
 Steffen