[Nut-upsuser] after power outage and proper shutdown, UPS turns on before power returns

Gabriel jarod125 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 23:59:08 BST 2018

Hi,

I'm struggling with a peculiar issue with my UPS. After a power
outage, the devices powered by it properly shut down via nut.
Eventually, the UPS also goes down. Power is still out, however,
roughly 40 seconds after the UPS shut down, it turns back on and it
starts supplying power to the load, thus turning back on the devices
attached to it. This is obviously not something I want. In trying to
figure out the problem, the closest I've come was the ondelay
parameter, but that only comes in play after the power returns, so it
shouldn't apply here.

The UPS in question is a CyberPower Value600ELCD. Its USB port is
connected to my router which runs an up-to-date Debian testing with
nut-{driver,monitor,server} version 2.7.4-8 installed via apt. I'm
pasting ups.conf below and attaching output from upsc, upsrw and
/lib/nut/usbhid-ups -DD -a cyberpower.

root at e3845:/etc/nut# egrep -v -e '^$|^#' ups.conf
maxretry = 3
[cyberpower]
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto