[Nut-upsuser] ondelay parameter does not work with NUT on Raspbian and Eaton 5E850iUSBDIN UPS

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Thu Apr 11 09:29:22 BST 2019

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, Bartosz wrote:

> BTW,does it have passive cooling?

In the sense that there is no fan, The Eaton Ellipse ECO 1600 has passive
cooling.   It gets warm but not hot.

> Are you happy with your Eaton Elipse ECO 1600? Does it work well with ondelay?

"ECO" means that it does not have "buck and boost" or a fancy control panel.  I
replace my batteries every 3-4 years, and I have had an ECO 1600 die as soon as
I tried to use it with the new batteries.  I have not specifically tested the
delayed restart with this ECO 1600 which is negligent on my part, but I do not
currently have a test rig.  I live in an area with frequent lightning, and the
UPS works well with the frequent short outages.

Maybe 4/5 rating for my use case.

Roger