[Nut-upsuser] Monitor UPS Brand SMS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 03:11:26 BST 2019

On Aug 6, 2019, at 7:33 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:

>> I want monitor a UPS of brand SMS (Sinus Double 8 KVA) using a raspberry-pi. In compatibility list, is listed to use the blazer_ser driver. I use a USB adapter to RS-232 conected in to the No-Breake. Follow the comands e confs.
>> root at rasp:/home/pi# lsusb
>> *Bus 001 Device 004: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port*
>> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
>> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
>> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
>> The description of equipment don't appear.
>> In the ups.conf, i used the follow lines.
>> [ups]
>>         driver = blazer_ser
>>         port = /dev/ttyUSB0
>>         desc = "SMS 8 KVA"
>
> Try
> 	driver = usbhid-ups
> Many brands are now supported by this driver. Maybe even:
> 	port = auto

Although usbhid-ups does support a number of USB-based UPSes, it does not handle any USB-to-serial converters.

If the blazer_* drivers don't work, we generally recommend trying the nutdrv_qx driver instead. So something like this:

[ups]
	driver = nutdrv_qx
	port = /dev/ttyUSB0
	desc = "SMS 8 KVA"

If that doesn't work, let us know - there are some debugging flags you can use.