[Nut-upsuser] [EXTERNAL] Re: Tripp Lite SMART1500LCD repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting

Marco Walther marco at sonic.net
Mon Dec 9 05:58:30 GMT 2019

On 12/8/19 8:18 PM, David Zomaya wrote:

> I haven't tried it on RaspberryPi, but if there's some specific Tripp
> Lite information I can help with, let me know.

We had that discussion about the SMART1500LCDT  & USB a long time ago:-(
I bought mine in 2013 (still going strong on the second set of
batteries) and in August 2016 we had some discussions about the USB
disconnects.

I now use an USB hub which can turn it's ports off via software commands
and when my Linux box (Odroid X2 - ARM) looses the connection, it
basically cycles the USB port of the UPS and then it can connect again.

root at odroid-www:~/bin# cat check_ups.sh
#!/bin/bash

while true
do
     x=$(curl -s -o -
'http://192.168.1.5:85/cgi-bin/nut/upsstats.cgi?host=tripplite@127.0.0.1:3493'
| sed  's:<[^>]*>::g' | awk 'BEGIN {s = 0; } $1 == "Status:" { s = 1;
next; } s == 1 { print $0; s = 0; }')

     if [ "$x" != "ONLINE" ]
     then
         logger -p daemon.warning "Triplite is not offline, trying to
restart USB"
         /root/bin/hub-ctrl -b 001 -d 005 -P 1 -p 0
         sleep 5
         /root/bin/hub-ctrl -b 001 -d 005 -P 1 -p 1
         sleep 30
     else
         sleep 300
     fi
done

Not sure, if this is still the same problem. But I have my solution;-)

-- Marco