[Nut-upsuser] [EXTERNAL] Re: Tripp Lite SMART1500LCD repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting

Layne Fowler layne.fowler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:35:32 GMT 2019

Thought I'd follow up in case someone else runs into this issue. In the end
what worked for me was tweaking the udev rules. I have had no USB
disconnects or stale data warnings so far. I only used one rule for my UPS:

# /etc/udev/rules.d/62-nut-usbups.rules

SUBSYSTEM!="usb", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_end"

# TrippLite
#  e.g. TrippLite SMART1500LCD - usbhid-ups
ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device",
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="09ae",
ATTR{idProduct}=="2012", MODE="664", GROUP="nut", RUN+="/sbin/upsdrvctl
stop; /sbin/upsdrvctl start"

LABEL="nut-usbups_rules_end"

My ups.conf:

# /etc/nut/ups.conf

pollinterval = 1

[ups]
driver = usbhid-ups
port = auto
desc = "Tripp Lite SMART1500LCD"
vendorid = 09ae
productid = 2012

And I also removed MTP as it was trying to take the device.

sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove libmtp-common